Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What Kind of Heart?

What kind of heart goes through its own pain and looks away when other hearts are bleeding? Life is hard. It rips you to shreds and beats your left over pieces into the dirt sometimes. Other times it lifts you up on the current of the free flowing wind and lets you glide the ride. I've come out of a dark tunnel that I never stopped searching for the light in. It was gruesome but I never quit looking for the end and the light. The Lord was always there. He's the only thing I never let go of all while shedding the things I needed to let go of to get to the end of this particular season. Now that I'm through it, I've noticed other bleeding hearts finding their way into my life. To heal, to fix, to mend? I don't quite think it's those things I'm supposed to do for them. Guide and encourage? Yes!  We are all busy. We have jobs, families, meetings, plans, volunteering, obligations, friends, church, practices, projects, bills, and priorities. All of which take our full attention. All those things loaded onto a person who's in pain can be crippling! All those things loaded onto a person who half way has their life and emotional well being together is still severely hard! But, what kind of a heart goes through its own pain and looks away when other hearts are bleeding?  We have no idea where the other person is in their pain. No, we don't own it. It is not ours to carry. We do not hold a complete responsibility to fix anyone else's pain! But, what kind of a heart goes through its own pain and looks away when other hearts are bleeding? We may have something very important in front of us in a moment that requires our attention. Something that you may even have repercussions from if you take your attention away from it and give your time and attention in that moment to another bleeding heart. But, what kind of a heart goes through its own pain and looks away when other hearts are bleeding? Is it worth it to sacrifice a priority or obligation for a few moments to help comfort a soul in pain? What is that moment of relief worth to a person in pain? Priceless, maybe! So, what kind of a heart goes through its own pain and looks away when other hearts are bleeding? Not mine! Will yours?



Do you have a simple plan?
One that only you understand?
Do you have a grateful life?
One you can be proud of inside?
Do you have a loving heart?
One that helps others start?
Do you have a peaceful mind?
One which your soul combines?
Do you have moving feet?
Ones that carry you through defeat?
Do you have a pure name?
One that doesn't bring you shame?
Do you have the life you want?
One that doesn't put up a front?
Do you know how to let it all go?
Caring not of what you think you know?
These are questions inside of me!
As strong as the current in the deep blue sea!
You gave me intuition to know what I am missing.
You help guide me through the storm that is twisting.
In You I find all the answers I'm needing.
Your peace and love are always fulfilling!

(BTW..Still trying to love with feet. Walking out my days without shoes on. Feeling, baring, loving, living and giving.. Just not posting as much about it lol. I'm still here folks. Living it all out one day at a time, holding His hand.)

~MO

No comments:

Post a Comment