Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 2. This is hard!

Wow! Someone didnt want me to post this thing today. After an hour of trying to get my nook keyboard to come up I am ready to share with you guys day 2. Today started out good. I actually had a conversation with a man getting my coffee at the store on my way to work that in the past I probably never would have. I always have felt funny talking to strange men in public. I would always just say the polite hi and be on my way but today I stepped out of my comfort zone. We only talked about the coffe, snow and my car but hey I finally gave myself a chance to realize that strange men in public really arent always strange. Another thing I did without thinking today was helped out a person in need without even meeting or knowing them. Now I will not get into specifics and actually some of you will know what I am talking about only because you were involved with it tonight but I immeadiately felt the need to say Id help. Others asked how we knew they needed it and if we were sure they did but at that moment in time I didnt care. I thought to myself "no shoes megan". It didnt matter if they truly needed it or not. I knew that this was a chance to make a difference even if it were a small one. As for the rest of the day in between the beginning and end there were lots of moments where I felt I could have done a lot better job walking barefoot. There were lots of moments where I felt like crawling in a hole because I knew that I just thought a bad judgement thought and knew it was wrong. But knowing it was wrong didnt stop me. The two things I did accomplish in doing good today doesnt even put a small dent in all the judgement I have cast today. The biggest thing today has opened my eyes to is that I judge people way more than I ever cared to realize before and this is going to be a lot harder than I thought! As I continue on this journey I hope I can still remember to keep whispering to my self the phrase " no shoes " and maybe after some time this will get easier. Until then though its still one selfless act one split second thought one moment one conversation one smile at a time that I will work on walking a day with out shoes.

4 comments: